Acid Gellants and Friction Reducers
How do you ensure that the acid will stay in place in a vertical tubing? Answer is to make the acid ‘thick’ with acid gellants. These make the application of the acid 1,000 times more effective for contact time and gives much better results!
Friction reducers enables the use of a wide range of TDS waters, from fresh to flowback/produced waters especially for hydraulic fracturing applications. They consist of oil-external emulsions which leave less residues and yield higher viscosity to enable placement of higher concentrations of proppant slurries.
Acid gellant and friction reducer
A concentrated cationic acrylic emulsion polymer formulated to gel hydrochloric acid for fracture acidizing operations and provide excellent, cost effective friction reduction in water/light brine fracture treatments.
When used as an acid gellant, the apparent viscosity produced is dependent on the concentration of AGA-151 but independent of acid strength. AGA-151 can also be used as part of AQUANESS SelfDiverting Acid (SDA) System.
Features and Benefits
- Provides a viscous solution in HCl
- Friction reduction at low concentrations
- Does not shear degrade like AMPS copolymers
- Reduction in viscosity over time with heat
- Minimal solids produced in spent acid
- Better thermal stability than AMPS copolymers
- Capable of stability at 300°F (149°C)
- One-year shelf life
- Dispersible in 15% acid and light brines
- Water soluble polymer; no oil wetting
- Effective with conventional corrosion inhibitors
- Effective, permanent, clay stabilization
- Compatible with clay stabilizers
Friction reducer and acid gelling agent
Aquative-601 is a highly concentrated, high molecular weight anionic, emulsion polymer specifically developed to reduce the friction of aqueous fracturing fluids.
Aquative-601 is an extremely effective friction reducer for aqueous fracturing fluids and is proven in the laboratory to reduce the friction of fresh water by almost 70%. When used at higher application concentrations is also an extremely effective viscosifier for aqueous stimulation fluids including hydrochloric acid and brines.
Features and Benefits
- Proven to be relatively resilient to shear degradation and have good dispersibility attributes in water, brines and acids
- Highly effective viscosifier for hydrochloric acid at higher application concentrations and can be used at temperatures up to 300° F